Do you love McMaster Engineering? Do you love welcome week? Do you want to be a redsuit? Well this is the right place for you. Redsuit tryouts are the annual selection process for the Redsuit Welcome Week rep team. Redsuit applicants can be in any stream, department, or faculty! This also includes BTech and Comp Sci!
Tryouts are going to be from March 10th-12th and all applicants trying out to be a rep must sign up for a time slot on the sign-up sheet in the BLUE Lounge (JHE 121). If it’s your first year trying out be sure to secure a spot on the Friday of Tryouts as it’s when committee is the least smelliest and the most awake.
Below, are some rules to follow for your tryout:
- Please arrive in the JHE lobby on time!
- Tryout in groups of 4-6, no more, no less
- All tryouts are 15 minutes in length and will include a 5 minute creative portion and 10 minutes of individual interviews. These are strict timelines and your creative component will be cut off after 5 minutes. If you have a video, this 5 minutes includes your setup time. We will have a projector and laptop ready to go. You can bring your own laptop if you wish.
- Know where the line is, and don’t cross it. If you don’t know where the line is ask an old person (graduating redsuit)
- HAVE FUN!
Besides the tryout, you also have to fill out an application. To the right you’ll find links to the PDF, Word and online application forms. Please be sure to fill out either the PDF or Word application, print it off and bring it to your tryout. You must also fill out the online form with the same information and submit it before your tryout time. Scroll down for more info on Tryout Pub as well as to find out who’s on the selection committee!
Food bribes are welcome, but keep in mind the following food allergies:
- Becca – Lactose intolerant
- Hannah – Veggietarian
- Taylor – Shellfish allergy